- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Department of Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Microbiology and Microbial Engineeri
- Department of Physiology and Biophysics
- Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biol
- State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering
- Key Laboratory for Biodiversity Science and Ecolog
- Key Laboratory for Contemporary Anthropology
- Institute of Genetics
- Institute of Developmental Biology and Molecular M
- Institute of Plant Biology
- Institute of Biodiversity Science
- Center for Evolutionary Biology
- Center for Biotechnology
- Institute of Biostatistics
The Institute of Developmental Biology and Molecular Medicine (IDM) was established in June 2001, as proposed by the late Professor Jiazhen Tan (CC Tan) and with strong support from the Fudan University administration. The institute is co-directed by Professor Tian Xu of Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Yale University and Professor Min Han of Howard Hughes Medical Institute and University of Colorado at Boulder. The Shanghai Fudan Model Organism Center was established in IDM to support both basic and applied research on model animals.
There are four full-time professors and two full-time associate professors in IDM, all of whom have oversea research experiences. IDM offers several graduate level courses including Genetic Analysis, Developmental Biology, and the Bioethics. Up to date, about 100 renowned international scientists, including 6 Nobel Laureates and more than 10 members of the United States National Academy of Science, have given lectures at or visited IDM.
The mission of IDM is to conduct internationally competitive research on developmental biology, molecular mechanism of human diseases in mice and other model organisms. IDM faculty has developed the mammalian piggyBac system for efficient transgenesis and mutagenesis, and generated a world-class resource of more than 5,000 mutant mice with this technique. IDM offers competitive training program for both graduate and post-graduate levels. Her students have been awarded for honors such as the National Excellent Doctoral Dissertation and the National Youth Invention Award. Please visit the official site of IDM (http://idm.fudan.edu.cn) for more details.